Click on the following link for the latest Government information and advice: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Click on this link for the parish council's dedicated webpage for local information and support on coronavirus (Covid-19)
| || |
We Are Supporting Project Edward
Sussex Police are urging road users to pledge their support towards September’s Project EDWARD (Every Day Without A Road Death) campaign to save lives and reduce death and injury on roads across the county.
Project EDWARD, set to take place on Wednesday 16 September 2020 and championed by ROADPOL (European Traffic Police Network), aims to raise long term awareness of road safety and better driving.
Supported by Sussex Safer Roads Partnership, Sussex Police will be focusing on the ‘Fatal Five’ – drink or drug driving, mobile phone use, not wearing a seat belt, inconsiderate driving and speeding, which are the five common causes of serious and fatal collisions.
Roads policing officers will provide high-visibility patrols across the county on the week beginning Monday 14 September 2020. Across the week, there will be road safety educational messaging being delivered, with enforcement carried out by dedicated patrols throughout the road networks of Sussex.
To keep up to date with road safety information and advice, members of the public can visit www.sussexsaferroads.gov.uk and follow @SussexSRP on Twitter.
Message Sent By
Sussex Police (Police, Force-wide message, Sussex)
To reply or forward this email please use the buttons below or these links: Reply, Rate, Forward / Share.
To login to your account, click here, To report a fault, click here
News from West Sussex County Council (COVID-19 update) - 21 August 2020
- Back To School - Transport pages with important information including videos and information on things like the use of face coverings, and all the measures being undertaken to keep West Sussex schools safe. transport section of our Back to School webpages
- Keep West Sussex Safe Campaign - continues to run and we encourage residents to keep visiting our webpages for the very latest information on how to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.
- Special Recognition Volunteer Award: nominations now open - The High Sheriff of West Sussex has launched a unique award to celebrate residents who have shown exceptional acts of kindness during the coronavirus pandemic. Further details below including how to request a nomination form.
- West Sussex Libraries are now open for browsing
- Give your bike a check-up before taking a ride on our first temporary cycleway
- West Sussex Record Office has re-opened to the public
- Cabinet Minister visits tourism venues to hear of COVID-19 challenges
- Fire Service holds first Virtual Open Day - Highlights from the Virtual Open Day can be found on Facebook, and YouTube
MUGA and Play Area re-opened with restrictions
Click here for details and the latest guidelines for safe access to the MUGA and Recreation Ground.
The car park is strictly for those who are using the Village Hall. Social distancing is absolutely crucial to keep everyone safe. Please follow the Government guidelines.
Pubished 2nd June 2020
Phased Return to Schools in West Sussex:
Letter to Parents and Carers
Click here for letter from Paul Wagstaff, West Sussex County Council's Director of Education and Skills.
Published 29th May 2020
West Sussex Household Waste Recycling Sites to accept more items from Monday 1st June
Click on the following for West Sussex Councty Council's press release for details: https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/news/household-waste-recycling-sites-to-accept-more-items-from-monday-1st-june/
Click on this link for Household Recycling Sites in West Sussex FAQs
Published 29th May 2020
Parish Councillor Vacancies
There are vacancies for co-option on the Parish Council: 1 on the WashingtonWard and 2 on the Heath Common Ward. If you are interested in becoming a councillor, please contact the Clerk for an application form on: 0777 6771921;email: email@example.com.
Please click here for details
Bin collection timetable
For a schedule of Horsham District Council recycling and general waste collection dates in the parish, please click here.